

Asotin County Fairboard Minutes June 8th, 2022

6:00 Peggy: calls meeting to order
We need to excuse Barb from the meeting
Jamie: motions to excuse Barb
Steve: Seconds the motion
Peggy: The motion carries

BOOSTERS & CATTLEWOMEN

6:00 Charlotte: If anyone saw the bun cart disappear from the cattlemen/women don't tell them anything about it.
One of the gals was complaining that someone used their things.
You have to do something about the fan in the boosters building. It is running water onto the grill.
Steve: We can fix it.
Charlotte: Once you get it fixed I will clean it again. I don't know how to get the grease catcher out of there.
Steve: I can do it.

6:04 Peggy: Charlotte-Did you get the key from Pat Petty?
Charlotte: She hasn't turned it in yet
Charlotte: I am sure she turned it in on Sunday before she left.

SUPERINTENDENTS

6:05 Arlene: I am going to try to get a meeting together with all of the hall superintendents..

TREASURER'S REPORT

6:06 Shan: The Tribune. We said to hold off.
Chad: I called and left a message, but never connected.
Peggy: Do we need to pay it?
Shan: Should we just pay it?
Charlotte: Just because they are big don't let them push you around.

6:08 Shan: There is no way that we lost sponsorship.
Jamie: Let's hold off. I am going to find out who Steve's boss is and we will go from there.
Chad: How much are the service fees?
Shan: \$13.50

6:10 Jamie: We need to find out how much the tribune would charge us to insert the premium book.
I am sure we can hire someone on the side to put together the books.

Shan: I don't know that it needs to be put in the tribune because their numbers have declined.

6:11 Nicole: Can it be digitized

Jamie: I motion that we table it paying the bill.

Arlene: Seconds the motion

Peggy: Motion carries

6:15 Shan: Premium checks were written
\$22,775.00

As soon as those are done they will be mailed out.

The checks need to be signed by myself, Chad, or Jamie still.

6:16 Shan: As far as I know we have not received the money from Cindy.

Peggy: She has not brought it in yet.

Shan: We need to discuss that. At this point it is considered theft.

Jamie: She was given 24 hours to get it back to us.

Chad: Should we send her a letter?

Chris: I would get her every chance we can, but if she doesn't then it's considered theft.

Shan: It needs to be a certified letter.

6:18 Jamie: Should we have Ben look it over before we send it.

Chris: Yes you could.

Chad: If it is not turned in by two weeks then legal action will be taken.

Chad: I will draft it now and email it to you.

6:19 Shan: We could email it to Janice and she can take care of it from there.

Shan: Question on TDS bill. Boyd office phone. We pay for a phone for the extension office.

Chris: If it is to benefit them then they can pay it, it's their bill

Shan: Should I go ahead and okay the current bill and that from here on out they have to set up their own line and will be responsible for it.

Motion made by Shan

Jamie: Second

Peggy: Motion carries

6:22 Shan: we have a credit of \$69.86 with Ziggy's

Chad: They won't give us anymore sponsorship until we use up what we can.

6:23 Peggy: We need to approve the minutes from April

Minutes will stand approved as read.

GRANT/DONATION - NW FARM CREDIT

6:23 Peggy: There was a misunderstanding on if it was a grant or a donation.

6:24 Colby Witters: This fell into my lap a few weeks ago and they had to have the info in by 5pm.

They are trying to give a bunch of money away. I spoke to a guy in Spokane and he told me what I need to

write in a letter. Glve me a wish list of projects that need to be done. We don't want to see the money going

into a building fund where it sits for a long time. I sent out the letter saying we have ventilation issues,
storm drain issues.

6:26 Colby: They called me back on a Friday. They have \$25k. He gave them the PO Box number and a few other things.

It is basically a donation. I was made aware that we are for profit. He asked if there was another

association affiliated with that is a non profit.

Long story short, the money is going to go to the sales committee. The money will be going for the use of updates to the facilities.

6:28 Colby: What I want to know is there money already dedicated to updates.

Jamie: Is the sales committee keeping 3%

Colby: Warren Benner said it will all be used for the fairgrounds

6:30 Shan: Something in writing would be recommended

Chad: We have two grants that have to be sent out for a bid.

Which includes electrical to update and add circuits and outlets.

The one big one we have, would be the beams in the sheep and goat barn. There are some pretty serious structural issues.

6:32 Chad: We are working on the sound system. And the LED board for the reader boards.

6:33 Colby: I don't have a home for every cent and dollar. There are a few things in the beef barn I would like to update.

The breeding barn has more animals than it can accomodate.

6:36 Chad: Bring your projects to use and let's get it approved. Then find out what we have left and go from there.

Jamie: If you want we can do a special meeting and meet up at the fairgrounds and do a walk through.

6:37 Colby: I just want to get some pricing together before I come to you guys.with the money donated from Northwest Farm.

6:39 Chad: You secured the money, all we can do is tell you yes or no about doing the work.

LETTERS TO JOIN THE FAIRBOARD

6:39 Peggy: reads letter from Jim Jeffreys.

FAIR DATES 2023

6:41 Peggy: April 28th, 29th, & 30th 2023

FLOCH HALL WATER ISSUE

6:41 Peggy: We need to figure out the water because it is rented out.
Chad: The guy who rented it reached out to me and his intent was to start setting up Friday morning.
Steve: I think we need to clean the gutters

6:43 Peggy: Does anyone have time to help us get the floor mopped up?
Chad: Is that building insured for water damage
Chris: I don't know
Chad: Water is in the drywall. It might be good to call disaster relief or something like that.
Peggy: Chris will have someone run out there and clean it up.
Steve: It's supposed to rain again on Friday.

6:47 Steve: If the Bennett Building isn't being used let them use it so we can get Floch Hall taken care of.
Jamie: Motion to let Floch hall renters rent the Bennett building for same price as Floch
Arlene: second
Peggy: Motion carries

TRICK R TRUNK

6:52 Peggy: Chad is the chairperson
Chad: I have big ideas. I have a budget. I have been looking at rental items that we can do for the kids.
Reaching out to radio stations about doing a live remote.

6:53 Chad: You and Shan were going to do some sponsorship stuff.
Shan: You were going to write me something. I just need points.
Chad: We did consider the cake walk.
Jamie: We should probably reach out to Safeway, Walmart, etc.
Courtney: I will reach out to some of the bakers that I know.

FAIR & RODEO CORONATION

6:56 Peggy: It will be on October 22nd, 2022
Jamie: We need to set a meeting for the board in July. I will not do it all.
Peggy: It is an advisory committee meeting
The meeting will be July 6 at 6:00pm at Floch Hall
7:03 Jamie: Courtney will make a flier to send out to businesses

ROYALTY TRYOUTS

7:03 Peggy: tryouts are the 28th of August
I will get the email out to Crystal, Extension Office and any other fair's.

JOB ASSIGNMENTS

7:04 Peggy: handed out papers will go over in August.

OLD BUSINESS SOUND SYSTEM

7:04 Chad: I have been talking to them. I haven't heard back, but I will follow up.

7:05 Peggy: Rock at the fairgrounds.
Jamie: We don't have enough rock for that
Steve: DO we reach out to Deatly or something
Shan: we can just get a bid

7:06 Charlotte: Has a guy that did some work for her
Jamie: I will reach out to him

NEW BUSINESS

7:08 Peggy: I have Primeland cards for fuel
I can just put them in my box in the office.
Steve: Is Jeff continuing to work up arena? I will call him.

7:10 Peggy: I have fair passes for fairs

MANDATORY WORK DAY

7:13 Steve: What are we going to do with the old signs? The Applefords could use them.
Shan: We would not use them again?
Chad: They are stacked in a pile.
Peggy: Fairboard said Yes, they can have them.

7:15 Jamie: Who was going to talk about getting the cook shack on surplus
Shan: we needed to know what the value was
Chris: didn't we determine it was under the \$2500 value
Peggy: I will bring it up at the August meeting.

7:19 Peggy: Table work day until we have advisory committee meeting

7:20 Peggy: Next meeting is August 10th at 6pm at commissioners

7:21 Peggy: meeting adjourned

